A 5 week deep-dive journey into the developing your own dance in nature practice, wherever in the world you are. Nature will so nurture us and dancing outdoors is such a great way to find our way back to joy amidst these tense times. Find your feet on the earth, feeling some sense of freedom again; connecting with the wonderful world around us in these times of less human connection.
You will receive a weekly pre-mixed musical journey to support you with setting up your own outdoor dance practice. Each session will contain a mixed musical journey and some intermittent spoken guidance to get you rockin’ it out and dancing deep under those wide open skies. We will work with a specific theme each week to support us in coming into deeper connection with ourselves and the world around us. We will consciously cultivate presence and a sense of our own power especially amidst all of that we can’t control; we will learn tools to resource ourselves and build resilience; (whatever our external circumstances look like right now…)-
So why not step away from endless screen time and zoom classes and to come dance outdoors? You’ll having the luxury to play the pre-recorded guided session at whatever time best suits your schedule.
These pre-recorded sessions are led by Wild Moves Dance in Nature founder and 5Rhythms dance facilitator Tess Howell who skilfully uses the dance to guide us back towards what matters most in life. Tess has spent the past 8 years specialising in leading group dance sessions outdoors via silent disco technology in some stunningly beautiful forest/ocean spots. Consider yourself warmly welcomed to join us.
In this 5 week series:
- We will move and groove outdoors each week to a pre-recorded guided musical journey streamed online as a single audio file from a web page, via your phone and your own earphones/headset. (Each session is approx. 45 minutes long)
- We will use the dance as a moving mindfulness practice. Every week we will dance a facilitated 5Rhythms wave to support us into coming into contact with ourselves and funding fuller self-expression. We will dance to wide variety of styles and tempos. We will find refuge in rhythm!
- We will become more embodied- dropping down from our busy minds and in to the wisdom of the body. We will find our own dance, there are no steps to follow, no moves to do and nothing to get right. Just following whatever moves our body wants to make in response to the music and the world around us .
- We will come into deeper connection with the living landscape around us which can be a valuable source of sustenance in these times of social isolation. We will dance both in and with the landscape around us. We will take time to be nurtured by nature.
- We will dance whenever best suits us each week- at whatever time suits us-no more prescriptive zoom scheduling! We will get off our screens and out into the world around us.
- You can share your explorations and connect with other moving in this way if you feel too, via the Dancing Under Wide Open Skies Facebook group.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Suggested booking rates for these Covid-times as follows:
Option: 1) I’m still employed and have most of my regular income/good savings to see me through: USD $75 (approx £61) for all 5 sessions.
Option 2) I’ve have some income still coming in –but I’ve lost some proportion of my earnings: USD $50 (approx £40) for all 5 sessions
Option 3) I’m fully freelance/self-employed and have been highly impacted by this: USD $25 (approx £20) for all 5 sessions
Option 4): If you need a full scholarship due to financial hardship in these tricky times, then please email tesswildgrace (at) gmail.com with a few lines about your current situation and we will add you to the circulation list so that you can join us on this journey.
Upon sign up the first session will be mailed out to you within 24 hours of booking
If you have any trouble booking via paypal then please send me an message via the contact form at the bottom of the page and we will make sure that you can still join us.