May 26th update:
Dear Dancers, we are watching and waiting to see how it all unfolds. We will be dancing outdoors at a distance from each other as soon as we can. We will use the transmitters that can be fully bleached between uses and ask you all to bring your own wired earphones so that nothing is shared in terms of touch. For San Francisco dancers- Currently all of our Golden Gate National Parks permitted dance sites have closed parking lots and we’re not yet allowed to resume our group dance operations there yet by the Parks Authorities. We’re listening in and tracking it day to day and as soon as we are good to go again we will let you know - safety, non-spread and care for the community is still our first priority- and we hope we can distance-dance together outdoors some time soon… For UK dancers- safely travelling back to the UK is not looking likely for me any time in the immediate future (there are no longer any direct flights from San Fran to anywhere in Europe right now...) - then there would an additional 14 days quarantine on arrival…so it’s gonna be a while…. hopefully later this summer we can do this again…patience and appreciating just what is, is apparently the lesson to be learned right now! Streamed outdoor dance sessions for home use available at the Wild Moves website if it calls you. Hoping you are all full of wellness and wonder
We genuinely believe that there will be a moment when dancing outdoors will serve us greatly amidst all of this and we can embrace it with much enthusiasm. So we will absolutely come together again and do this wonderful dance outdoors thang! Just not right now….
March 21st update: We are cancelling all of our Global events for the next 3 weeks minimum.
We genuinely believe that there will be a moment when dancing outdoors will serve us greatly amidst all of this and we can embrace it with much enthusiasm. We have belt-pack receivers for participants that can be fully bleach disinfected, you can all bring your own plug in headphones so that nothing is shared; our transmitters will then let us dance on out on the beach, not just 10 feet away, but even fully 10 metres apart if needs be!
This is now a week when “all non-essential gatherings are banned” by mandate in the Bay Area, for the sake of all our health; along with all non-essential travel. Just last weekend we through we could offer this! Yet this moment, when we are now all under “remain in place” orders does not feel the right time to be carrying on anyway, for the sake of all of us. Things are changing so quickly- and now is indeed the time to stay home, minimise social contact, rest and reflect. Integrity is important and caution is key right now!
We will absolutely come together again and do this wondeful dance outdoors thang! Just not right now….
Summer 2020 Brighton Beach dates:
- May 1st 8-930pm- cancelled
- 10th May 2020-VITAL a half day beach-side dance workshop at Yellowave 1230pm to 4pm- cancelled
- May 15th 8-930pm- cancelled
- July 3rd 8-930pm- hopefully still happening....
March 17th Update: "Remain in place" is now mandated in the Bay Area so we are down to only leaving the house for "essential" purposes only, hence we cannot go ahead as planned.
USA 2020 events dancing ocean side at the stunning Rodeo Beach out on the Marin Headlands CANCELLED
- March 21st 2020
- April 4th 2020
NEW "COVID- RESPONSE "OUTDOOR SAFE DISTANCE SESSIONS: CANCELLED
Chrissy Fields/East Beach Friday night outdoor classess:
- Friday 13th March
- Friday 20th March.
Classes will become weekly when we can do this again!
“Dance is the fastest, most direct route to the truth…..
We dance to hook up to the true genius lurking behind all the bullshit,
to seek refuge in our originality and our power to reinvent ourselves;
to shed the past, forget the future and fall into the moment feet first…
We dance to survive, and the beat offers a yellow brick road to make it through the chaos that is the tempo of our times…”
Gabrielle Roth- Founder of the 5 Rhythms